Do you want to follow in the footsteps of famous physicists like Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton and Stephen Hawking? Are you excited to dive into physical phenomena such as radiation, energy and gravity through different theories and experiments? And do you excel in physics and mathematics? Then you might want to consider a major in Physics!
Does this sound familiar?
- You are very curious about the world and would like to explain physical phenomena by conducting experiments
- You are interested in how concepts such as radiation, light, energy and gravity work
- You like solving problems: difficult formulas and calculations don’t scare you
- Physics and maths are by far your favorite subjects in high school
There is one major within the sector Physics that you could study in Cambodia:
With a major in Physics, you will get a deep understanding of both historical and modern physical theories and mathematics. You will learn everything about concepts that aim to explain our natural world, such as gravity, energy, and light. You will also gain practical experience by designing scientific research and conducting laboratory experiments.
Interview with Physics students
SOK Pisey (21) and SOK Sophany (21) are majoring in Physics at the Royal University of Phnom Penh. They chose this subject because they want to know more about the phenomena of the earth. They like finding out more about Newton’s laws, Magnetic Flux and Alternating currents. According to Sok Sophany the workload is average, 2 hours in the daytime and in the evening 2 to 3 hours. Pisey studies 30 hours per week. After graduation both Pisey and Sophany hope to become a teacher.
The following universities offer this major:
- Cambodian University for Specialities, Phnom Penh
- City University, Phnom Penh
- International University, Phnom Penh
- Khmer University of Technology and Management, Sihanoukville
- National University of Battambang, Battambang
- Panha Chiet University, Phnom Penh
- Royal University of Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh
- University of Southeast Asia, Siem Reap
- Western University, Phnom Penh
Please be aware that the majors offered by universities change over time and that the overview given on this page might not be entirely up to date. We advise you to do your own research on the university’s website or to contact the university’s student affairs office to check that they offer the major of your choice.
Graduates are now working as:
- Data scientists
- Product developers
Interview with a professional
We haven’t interviewed a professional in this field. Are you a Khmer professional working within this field and would you like to contribute to the StudyMatch website and help students choose their major? Then please contact us.